Terms and Conditions for purchase of travel products and packages.
These terms and conditions apply to reservations by companies (not approved for credit) as well as private persons with Arctic Retreat AB and relate to bookings via any sales agent, online via the web site and/or any other method of booking or making reservations such as telephone or email or mobile app.
Before you make a reservation with Arctic Retreat AB you should read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They are a contract between Arctic Retreat AB and you from the time the booking is made. The person who makes the booking accepts these conditions on behalf of all the people in the group and is responsible for all payments due. submitting a booking request you confirm to us that you agree and will abide by these arrangements.
1. Making a booking making a booking you are confirming that you are authorised to do so on behalf of all persons named in the booking and you are acknowledging that all members of your party agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. When your booking has been made, a confirmation will be sent to you by email using the email address that you have supplied. You should retain a copy of this confirmation for your reference. You should carefully check the details of your confirmation as soon as you receive it. You must contact Arctic Retreat AB immediately if any of the details are incorrect or incomplete. We will always endeavour to rectify any inaccuracies or accommodate any alterations you wish to make to your booking. We cannot accept liability for any inaccuracies that are not brought to our attention within seven days of issuing your confirmation, nor can we accept responsibility for inaccurate information that you have supplied.
2. Paying for your booking
For all other bookings, made 35 days or more prior to arrival, a 25% non-refundable deposit must be paid at the time of the booking. The remainder of the total price is to be paid 35 days prior to arrival. If payment is not received 35 days prior to arrival, Arctic Retreat AB will treat this as a cancellation of the booking and withdraw its confirmation of services. The travel documents will be delivered to you once the full payment has been received.
Bookings made less than 35 days prior to arrival are to be paid in full at the time of booking.
3. Prices alla prices are quoted in SEK and include tax (VAT). Arctic Retreat AB reserves the right to change the cost of a tour as shown in any web site or brochure between a request for booking and the issuance of the booking confirmation. This can happen if there have been changes in exchange rates, taxes, transportation costs or other fees, and these changes will be notified to the customer as soon as they become known.
4. Amendments to your booking You should notify us of any amendments to your confirmed booking by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Amendments are subject to availability and those made outside the cancellation period (see below) may be subject to cancellation charges. For any significant amendment to a confirmed booking there is an additional fee of 1000 SEK.
5. Cancellations within the Cancellation Period Cancellations can be made without penalty up to 14 days from the time of booking (if booking was made more than 60 days prior to departure) by writing an e-mail to email@example.com and need to be confirmed by Arctic Retreat AB in order to be valid. Any cancellations 15 days after booking and up to 46 days before arrival will be charged a total of 25% of the booking total. Cancellations between 45 and 31 days before arrival will be charged 75% of the booking total. Cancellations less than 31 days prior to arrival will be charged 100% of the booking total.
5.1 Passport, visa and health-policy regulations. Arctic Retreat AB is in no way responsible for the compliance of passport, visa and health-policy or behavior regulations. If difficulties arise due to missing individual requirements or which are to be led back to the behavior of the traveller, the traveller cannot withdraw from the contract without cost. In this respect, the terms and conditions for cancellation shall apply.
5.2 Responsibility for transport to Swedish Lapland. Arctic Retreat AB packages, tours and service commence from Luleå Airport or train station and all international and domestic travel to these destinations are the client’s responsibility. As such any cancellations or amendments are subject to the terms and conditions of the carrier you have selected. We strongly recommend that all our clients take out comprehensive travel insurance to avoid dispute in case of cancellation as Arctic Retreat AB terms and conditions for cancellation shall apply to the components booked through us.
6. Cancellations and changes made by Arctic Retreat In the unlikely event that Arctic Retreat is unable to accommodate a confirmed reservation it may be necessary to offer an alternative of an equal or a superior standard. If at any time we need to make changes that will significantly affect your stay or we need to cancel your stay, we will tell you as soon as possible, offering a suitable alternative. This does not apply to minor changes or events during your stay, resulting from unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. It is also important to be aware that in any program the dates and time for activities may well vary for any reason including scheduling, staffing, weather, safety. Our aim is to provide a fantastic experience at the best time or day, not at a specific time or day. We cannot be held responsible for cancelling your booking because of your failure to comply with any requirement of our Terms & Conditions, and Arctic Retreat AB cannot be held liable for any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation made by Arctic Retreat AB.
7. Accuracy of information on this website Whereas we endeavor to ensure the information contained within this website is as accurate as possible, there will inevitably be instances where information may be incorrect or out of date. It is always advisable to check specific details that may be relevant to your booking prior to making that booking. For example, information relating to regional or local attractions is intended for your general information and any changes to such attractions or facilities are beyond our control. We reserve the right to amend or remove information at any time and do not accept responsibility for keeping copies of any amended or deleted information.
8. Liability and Risk Liability and Risk
It is incumbent on all clients to be aware that the northern area of Scandinavia is a wilderness area and that there exists risks and hazards by the very nature of its environment and the activities that may be undertaken by clients. Clients should take note of their own limitations and physical fitness before booking or undertaking any activities offered in our tours or packages and if necessary seek their own independent medical advice. Arctic Retreat AB and the companies supplying the products in its packages disclaim responsibility for any loss, damage, accident, injury, sickness or any other event beyond our control.
Arctic Retreat AB also disclaims responsibility for any schedule change due to weather, strike or any other cause beyond Arctic Retreat AB control. Arctic Retreat AB reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries or departure times, without prior notice, should the necessity arise. We recommend all clients to have comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies.
Force Majeure means unusual, unforeseeable and unavoidable events beyond Arctic Retreat AB control, which is an obstacle to the trip, which cannot be completed. Events that organizers could not reasonably have foreseen when the contract was concluded and whose consequences he could not reasonably could have avoided or overcome. Including but not limited to war, threat of war, riots, civil disobedience or strike, governmental action, terrorism, natural or industrial disaster, fire, severe or unexpected weather conditions, water levels in rivers or floods, closure of airports and can also include industrial dispute involving third parties, technical problems or maintenance problems or unforeseen operational decisions by airlines such as changes in schedules or interruption of the IT infrastructure (including but not limited to our website). Under these conditions, Arctic Retreat AB is free of liability for damages or other penalties. We recommend all clients to have comprehensive travel insurance to meet all contingencies.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any insurance cover you have, provides adequate cover for your needs and for the duration of your stay. In all travel packages and activities that we offer, you participate at your own risk. Notwithstanding that all companies we cooperate with have risk and consequence management plans and their own protection and indemnity insurances. Read your own insurance policy carefully before travelling and ensure it is adequate for the region and activities you will be undertaking.
Snowmobiling The snowmobiles in our packages are insured through the activity provider, but if a snowmobile you are driving is damaged there is a self-risk/excess fee of up to 10 000 SEK including VAT which will be required to be paid on site. To drive a snowmobile, you must be 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s licence (A class Car driving license required, alternatively an ”EU-card”) and be alcohol free at the time of the activity. Remember that the alcohol limit when driving in Sweden is .02 and at many activity providers it is 0. Children need to be at least 10 to sit on the snowmobile as a passenger. Under 10 years old they will sit in a sled behind the snowmobile.
9. Hire carsThe minimum driver’s age for car rentals in Sweden is 18 years. The driver must present a valid driver’s license held for a minimum of one year at the time of rental. The person named on the reservation must be the main driver, who must be present at time of rental and the payer of any rental charges. Additional drivers can be added for a small fee per day for each additional driver. Credit card details with the main driver’s name are required for renting a vehicle. Cash and/or debit card deposits will not be accepted. The credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges, including extra insurance, parking fines, damages or any costs due to the car rental company as a result of the clients use of the car. At the time of rental, an authorization is obtained on your credit card based on the estimated rental charges. There must be sufficient credit on your card to cover all charges. Acceptable credit cards are: American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
10. ComplaintsComplaints are welcome so we can rectify immediately any problems the client may incur and they must be provided to Arctic Retreat AB by telephone or email as soon as possible after the problem occurs and no later than 7 days after the issue occurred.
Arctic Retreat AB
Överstbyn 50, 961 97 Gunnarsbyn, Sweden
Ph. +46 (0) 72 240 6122